Downloading to Your Literati
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to get digital content on your Literati.
Have questions? Ask a staff member or call one of the SPL locations for assistance.
Step A. How to Check Out an EPUB or PDF eBook
Using your personal computer (not a library computer) with an Internet connection:
1. Visit the Digital Downloads section under the Digital Library tab at http://www.swpl.org/ to find a book
2. Click Add to Cart
3. Click Proceed to Checkout
4. Select Southwest Public Libraries & PIN (last 4 of telephone number) option from the Library drop down menu
5. Type your Library Card number in the box
6. Select Login
7. Click Confirm Check Out
8. My Bookshelf will display with your book
Step B. How to Download to Your PC
You must have Adobe Digital Editions software installed and authorized with an Adobe ID. The first time you run Adobe Digital Editions, you are prompted to authorize the application by entering an Adobe ID. If you don't have an Adobe ID, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions
1. Click the Download button
2. Click the Open button on the File Download box
3. Adobe Digital Editions will open to display the downloaded book
Step C. How to Transfer from Your Computer to Your Literati
1. Connect your Literati to your PC with the USB cable that came with your device
2. Click on the Library View button in Adobe Digital Editions
3. Left click and drag a book from the right side to the left pane where you see your Literati device listed
4. Click the Safely Remove Device option found in the lower, right corner
5. After the Safe to Remove Hardware message displays, unplug your Sony Pocket from your computer
Step D. How to Begin Reading on Your Literati
1. Using the arrow keys on the navigation pad, move the cursor to the Books tab on the Literati; Books will be highlighted
2. Press the Select button in the middle of the navigation pad to select Books
3. Using the arrow keys on the navigation pad move down and select the book just downloaded; this will highlight the book
4. Press the Select button in the middle of the navigation pad and begin reading
The downloaded book will remain in the Digital Editions folder on the Literati.
Purchased items will show on the Books screen.
When the OverDrive content expires, you will need to manually erase the eBook.